Sunday, May 29, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday dear meeee! Happy birthday to me!
(Notice Rachel and Joey looking through the door. They follow me EVERYWHERE!)
My dad wins the award for most creative birthday card I've ever received:
26 years ago I was born into this world to loving parents. I feel so very blessed that my 26 years have thus far been a breeze. No super hard trials or tribulations. (Biggest knock on wood ever!) I have good health as do all my my family members and posterity. I read a lot of really sad blogs which make me even more grateful every day for all the good things in my life.
For the first time out loud I just said that next year I'm going to be 27. For some reason, coming out of my mouth, that sounds reeeaaalllly old! I know that a lot of people who read this are far and beyond 27, so I hope I'm not offending anyone, but up until now I've never ever really had a thing about growing old, and now I'm like freaking out! There's so much I want to do and see and accomplish! I better make a list of 27 things I want to do before I'm 27 and start doing 'em.
1. Go to a concert in LA. I can't believe I haven't done this yet since living here!
2. Read a book a month. Perhaps post my reviews here, but I'm not making any promises!
3. Lose those last pesky 10 pounds of pregnancy weight!
4. Go to the Getty.
5. Visit the Getty Villa.
6. Get an extreme hair cut or color.
7. Go on a movie stars home tour.
8. Learn how to cook something better than Chris.
9. Figure out how to use my Cricut Cake and create at least four cakes.
10. Find a cheap keyboard/piano and re-learn how to play "Girl with the Flaxen Hair" by Debussy.
11. See a horse race at Santa Anita.
12. Do a session in the San Diego temple.
13. Overcome my triskaidekaphobia.
14. Throw Fox the most amazing Halloween-themed first birthday!
15. Do the CW backlot tour.
16. Make a big deal of our 5th anniversary.
17. Try to get published more.
18. Eat Cole's French Dip and compare to Philippe's (both claim to have invented the French Dip).
19. See fireworks on the 4th of July.
20. Hike up to Eaton Canyon.
21. Finally see the World of Color light show at Disneyland.
22. Go to Sea World, Knott's Berry Farm, or Universal Studios (or all three :).
23. Get a tan. I'm like the only pasty white person in SoCal!
24. Work on my patience.
25. Get on The Price is Right and win big! (a girl can dream right?)
26. Teach a bookbinding class.
27. A secret goal. Mwahahaha.
We'll see how I did next year on my 27th (eeek!) birthday!