Winner winner chicken dinner, congrats Tedi!
You are the randomly chosen winner of Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party class! Email me (paigetaylorevans at gmail dot com) your email addy and I'll get ya hooked up :)
My hero, Stephanie Howell, has started a monthly challenge where you blog your heart.
The point is to blog your heart. HONESTLY. It can be silly, funny, serious, short, or long... whatever you want it to be. As long as it is authentic. No sugar coating. It is what it is. So here goes!
1. I feel like I am always doing something and never have time to relax between working, mommying, and side jobs. I suppose I use up my relaxing time blogging... I need to learn how to prioritize. My list o' things to do is longer than the Nile. Sometimes I find myself dreaming that I could quit all my jobs and just live off the government. But I love my jobs. I think I'm a workaholic. I get great satisfaction crossing things off my to do list.
2. I need to learn to say no. Then maybe my list o' things to do won't be so long.
3. I have stranger and crowd anxiety and get super duper uncomfortable when I'm the center of attention. I can't seem to have a conversation with anyone besides Chris or my family or close friends. I fumble my words and sound like a dork. I know what I'd like to say, but it never comes out quite right, or I think of it only after the conversation is over. I guess practice makes perfect? Who wants to talk? :)
4. Fox is in this maddening stage where he ONLY wants ME! It makes it real hard to work when Chris is home and watching Fox but he's just screaming and reaching out for me. I need an office, off-site. Apparently Fox is grand when I'm gone, but as soon as I walk in the door it's meltdown city. It's just a phase, it's just a phase, it's just a phase. I need to remember that before I know it I'll be wishing desperately that he would still want and need me.
5. Keeping a clean and orderly house is starting to become a giant hassle with a toddler. But when the house is messy I get flustered. Not sure what to do about this one.
6. I want to drive the 60 miles to Riverside to see this phenomenon:
But I'm afraid that like with The World of Color, it won't be going on that night or there'll be technical difficulties. We seem to have bad luck with stuff like that.
7. I worry too much. I'm getting more gray hairs by the day. I get headaches almost every day because either A) I'm stressed or B) I don't drink enough water. I don't like standing in long lines. I'm still working on my bucket list item of being patient. I'm not there yet.
8. I print my blog into books using Blog2Print. I make about 3 books a year and each book costs like $120+. I wait until a coupon code shows up in my email, which happens every few months. Finally a coupon arrived so I printed my blog book that ranges from May to August of this year. When it arrived I was so happy! Only to notice it was soft cover, not hard cover. Talk about an expensive mistake! I keep doing stupid things like this, not paying attention to details, forgetting things, not remembering important dates, picking out wrong stuff. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes!
Okay, Blog Your Heart is over! I promise I'm a happy girl and I love my life :) It's just nice to put it all out there every once in awhile.