Friday afternoon marked Fox's 16th flight. He'll complete his 17th and 18th in a little bit when we fly to Denver for the annual Evans family reunion. Then after that no more flights in sight! I must say, I'm quite relieved. It's getting increasingly difficult to fly with Fox's increasing mobility. I thought I'd do a round up of Fox's air travels thus far! Three destinations took two flights to get to, there and back, so that's 12 flights right there.
1st flight: February 25th 2011. LA to Austin.
2nd flight: February 28th 2011. Austin to LA. No pictures.
3rd flight: March 16th 2011. LA to Salt Lake City.
4th flight: March 22nd. Salt Lake City to LA.
5th flight: April 19th 2011. Burbank to Oakland.
6th flight: April 19th 2011. Oakland to Seattle.
7th flight: April 26th 2011. Seattle to Oakland.
8th flight: April 26th 2011. Oakland to Burbank.
9th flight: July 8th 2011. LA to Honolulu.
10th flight: July 8th 2011. Honolulu to Lihue.
11th flight: July 15th 2011. Lihue to Honolulu.
12th flight: July 15th 2011. Honolulu to LA.
13th flight: July 26th 2011. Burbank to Oakland.
14th flight: July 26th 2011. Oakland to Seattle.
15th flight: July 29th. Seattle to San Jose.
16th flight: July 29th: San Jose to Burbank.
Tips for traveling with a baby:
- Have him/her drink a bottle or suck on a toy or pacifier for take off and landing. Helps with ear pressure.
- The magazines in the seatback pockets are free. Let your baby go to town with them.
- Babies require a LOT of stuff when traveling. Carseat. Stroller. Pack'n'Play. Food. Clothes. Bibs. Bottles. Toys. Etc. Pack the essentials in a large diaper bag (make sure you have an extra set of clothes for blowouts!), fill the cracks with toys, and check the rest.
- Make sure you bring your baby's shot records or SS card to validate his/her age.
- It helps that Fox loves being doted on and can light up the room with his good looks and charm :)
That's all I can think of for now. Happy travels!