Some of these are more like confessions...
1) My ears are slightly crooked. It drive me nuts when I'm wearing sunglasses. They're tilted.
2) I have a disease called Hyperhydrosis: excessive sweating, often present on the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, face, and armpits. Luckily my face and armpits aren't too bad. It's my feet and hands that give me problems. I ALWAYS wear socks and I struggle writing because my pen slips out of my hand. I don't own flip flops or open toed shoes because I'd have to go sockless. When I was little my piano teacher called me Sweaty Betty. Luckily, when I saw this shop while walking the streets in London:I didn't feel so bad about my nickname any more.
3) I listen to hard rock. Bring on the screaming, yelling, guitars and double-bass. I've tried to phase it out of my musical library because I know it's not good for my soul, but I can't help it. I went to noisy local band concerts in high school and now I'm hooked - for life. My favorite rock band is Linkin Park (pre-Minutes to Midnight which blows), followed by (in no particular order except alphabetical) Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Deftones, Finch, Papa Roach, A Perfect Circle, Rage Against The Machine, Staind, Story of the Year, Three Days Grace, Thrice, and Tool. I am a country girl at heart, but when we moved to Washington when I was 10 I got made fun of so bad that I stopped listening to it for a few years. But I will always love Trisha Yearwood, Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
4) I had a little rebellious stage my freshman year of college when I painted my nails black and got my upper ear pierced. These are actual pictures from this weird time period. I felt guilty about the piercing after a few months and took it out. And I've decided my nails look horrible with any color on them except white tips.
5) I am a neat freak. Everything has to be organized, clean and put away at all times or I get cranky. My closet is organized by color.
6) I have Triskaidekaphobia - the fear of the number 13. Lots of bad things have happened to me surrounding that number so now I'm honestly and truly superstitious.
7) When I see any kind of road kill, my heart aches. I wanted to be a veterinarian from when I was about 5 until 18 because I love animals so much. I took a chemistry class at BYU and failed miserably so I decided that wasn't the route for me. I still have a soft and tender spot for animals.
8) Chris and I are going to name our first son Fox after Fox Mulder. Hopefully he grows up to be good looking enough that he can pull it off, otherwise I'd feel really bad for him.
9) I was a Harry Potter fan long before it was popular. My Grandpa gave me the first book to read for my birthday in 1999 (it came out in 1998). The fad started a couple years later.
10) Movie theater popcorn gives me headaches. Just the smell of it is nauseating. Even thinking about it!
11) Red is my absolute favorite color and I can remember exactly when it became so. I was babysitting with my friend Courtney in 2001 and the lady's phone was the most vibrant color of red I'd ever seen. I fell in love instantly. This is a picture of my freshman dorm room. Count how many things are red.
Today I have a red phone, red wallet/planner, red camera, and if iPods came in red and weren't engraved with U2 stuff I'd have one of those, too.
12) I have more hair on the left side of my head. It's very obvious when I put it in pigtails, which is never.
14) I wear Mary Kay make up exclusively and have been since I was a freshman in college. It's the best make up in the world and lasts forever. (You'd think I was a consultant!)
15) The only time I've ever had stitches, besides after operations, was when I was about 7 and I went out to the garage to get something from the freezer and a gallon of apple juice fell on my head. I just remember it was very bloody.
16) I have a scar on the bottom of my left foot in the shape of a half circle. I was about 4 (?) and was chasing my cousin around the Christmas tree. I stepped on an ornament and it went up into my foot. I just remember it was very bloody.
17) I've never broken any bones (knock on wood).
18) I have never been pulled over when I was driving (knock on wood). I have been in the car when it's been pulled over, but I wasn't the driver so it wasn't my fault.
19) I've read the entire Work and the Glory series three times through.
20) I have no idea what my natural hair color is. I've been highlighting it, bleaching it blonde or dying it dark brown since I was in 7th grade. Once I even put red streaks in my hair and some kid said it looked like a snow cone...
21) I wore colored contacts in 9th grade because I hated my poopy brown eyes. Some days I wore green contacts, but mostly I wore blue. How shallow was I?
22) Is my favorite number and has been since I was in junior high and I don't know why.
23) Is how old I'm turning next Wednesday! Wink wink nudge nudge :)
24) I get a lot of inspirational ideas as I'm falling asleep. Luckily I can remember them when I wake up or I'd have to keep a notebook on my night stand.
25) I have a hard time sitting still and doing nothing like watching TV (except LOST of course). I can watch a lot of movies in one day, as long as I'm doing something at the same time like scrapbooking or cleaning or editing. So I guess I don't "watch" a lot of movies, I "listen" to a lot of movies.
26) I have been an ebay member since 1998. Yep, that's a whole decade.
That's all my weirdness in a nutshell.